Friday, November 18, 2005

International Christmas dinner

In AIESEC in Iceland we have a tradition to hold the international dinners. The last two years we were having international Christmas dinner. One was yesterday at Heba's place.

We had Icelandic food - potatoes, salads, herring and meat (smoked lamb - hangikjöt :o) , staked pork and another lamb) and many different kinds of sweets from at least four countries. Yummy... everything was so delicious!!!

After we packed our stomachs with a tasty food, Svetla and Arturs were serving hot wine with spices in Latvian style. Even though we were just 14 people we could sing a ''Silent night'' in seven different languages - Czech, English, Latvian, Lithuanian, German, Norwiegan and Icelandic.

Endre was playing piano and we were singing. To say truth, this moment really touched me...it felt very good to be around you, folks, it felt like Christmas…

We ended the evening with changing Christmas presents. Christian came up with this cool game that made a present change really funny and exciting. It took us probably half an hour to get finally a present that we are going to bring home, but I'm sure that everybody loved the game. I think though, that at the end of the day, I was the only lucky one, because I got '6' the last second of the game and got the present I wanted the most. :oP

Thanks everybody for a memorable evening!


Kisses,
Sandra



1 comment:

Svetlana Senajova said...

I really enjoyed Christmas party as well. The most beautiful part for me was singing Silent Night in Czech... I felt really like at home at Christmas Eve.