Thursday, November 24, 2005

Penguins are so cute....






Guys, if you haven't seen the movie ''March of the Penguins'' then I really recommend you to do that while they are showing it in Háskólabíó (University Cinema). I saw it today and was very impressed - amazing shots, amazing story about the cycle of life in the nature. The beauty of it and drama. The film itself is a documentary made by biologist Luc Jacquet about Emperor penguins, their mating and breeding cycle that takes place entirely on the polar ice.

''The film crew lived in the assembly of huts for 14 months total in photographing their subjects. During that time, neither the crew nor the footage (some 120 hours of it) left the site. For much of the shoot, transportation of any kind out of the area was impossible. The crew was stranded in a part of the world where a human walking across the ice doesn’t even leave footprints; they are blown away as fast as he steps. A mammalian corpse is freeze dried and blown away overnight.''

If you want to smile, if you want to see something positive and informative then go for it! ;o)

Hugs,
Sandra

P. s. Film is in french with icelandic subtitles.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Movie is really great- recommend it for eveybody!

P.S. I saw it in English (don't ask me where I got it) :)

Arturs

Svetlana Senajova said...

Please, tell me. I´m international member and I would love to see it. Unfortunately I don´t understand French nor Icelandic, so this movie here is not usefull for me (and also other two foreign members).

Thanx for info ;)

Svetla

Anonymous said...

Hi there:)

What a delightful experience, visiting your site turned out to be. Will make this my homepage too.

Regards,
from money online making home

yanmaneee said...

timberland
nike react
vans outlet
off white
ralph lauren uk
lebron 17 shoes
air max 2019
air max 97
birkin bag
jordan shoes

veloughs said...

redirected here gucci replica bags click over here replica gucci bags look what i found Ysl replica

thoashe said...

m5f12s6l80 v0v07h2p27 o3c12g7v17 g3f51t3m15 d7b77o0l71 q4o02e9x28